A moving average is an indicator that is used by both novice and experienced traders.
However, traders often overlook its significance in trading. They frequently place buy/sell orders without considering the trend phases. A simple yet effective rule to improve or save your trading career is to take only long signals when the market is uptrend and only short signals when the market is downtrend.
To maintain consistency in following important rule throughout your trading activities, you can use an indicator that visually highlights whether the trend is up or down. ninZa.co’s Easy Trend indicator is a great solution as it colors the plot and/or chart background to represent the trend, making it easy on the eyes to interpret.
With Easy Trend, you have access to a wide variety of options to customize your moving average to your liking. Choose from 11 different moving average types to draw plots and smoothing plots by 11 moving average methods , which gives you a total of 121 combinations (not even counting the period adjustment options). This level of flexibility allows you to create and fine-tune your favorite moving average.
Additionally, we’ve added a filter that enables traders to set a minimum plot change required to make the moving average angles up or down. If the plot change is less than the specified filter amount (in ninZaATR or tick unit), the moving average will remain flat. You can apply this filter before or after smoothing, based on your preference.
- Allow defining moving average (with 11 popular moving averages)
- Allow smoothing moving average
- Allow applying a plot change filter, either before or after smoothing
- Paint plot to clearly show uptrend vs downtrend
- Paint chart background to clearly show uptrend vs downtrend
- Trigger alerts on trend shift
- Print markers on trend shift
- Be NinjaScript ready for advanced usage, only restricted by your imagination
- Expose dedicated NinjaScript signals
Dedicated NinjaScript signals:
- Signal_State: 1 = uptrend, -1 = downtrend
- 11 Aug 2020 – Plot change filter was added; all plot values were rounded to the nearest tick size; regular ATR was replaced with ninZaATR for better performance; massive changes, fixes and improvements were made (DPI, display name, Z order, alert properties, marker string, bar painting, chart info, property naming/positioning/grouping); alert popup was visually enhanced.
- 23 Jul 2019 – Sound selector was fixed.
- 08 May 2019 – A typo issue was fixed.
- 29 Mar 2019 – The licensing system was critically upgraded.
- 01 Feb 2019 – The indicator was released (built new).